You will need
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoon
1. Put the bicarbonate of soda, citric acid in a bowl, then whisk until fully combined.
2. Slowly pour the base oil, and essential oil into the same bowl and mix well together.
3. Now half the mixed ingredients and place half the mixture in the second bowl.
4. In one bowl, add a sprinkle of dried lavender and mix in.
5. To the second bowl, where you have the other half of the mixture add the pink pigment and mix well.
4 Very slowly add a few drops of water to each bowl a little at a time, whisking between each addition. Add a few tiny drops of water and whisk again (it will fizz when you add the water, so mix it in quickly). You're looking for the mixture to slightly clump together when pressed in your hand and keep its shape – it shouldn't be too wet or too dry.
5. If you're adding lavender petals to decorate, drop them into the bottom of your chosen mould. Pack your mixture tightly on top, pressing down and smoothing out the top with a teaspoon.
6. Leave your bath bomb in the mould to dry for overnight, then carefully remove it. It's now ready to drop into the bath – watch it fizz away!
Enjoy your bath bombs! x
Share your creation with us on Insta @yougibotanicals