Watch a Venus candle making workshop here.
1. In a metal saucepan, slowly melt your soy wax on low-medium heat. Continue to heat until it reaches 90 degrees.
2. Pierce a hole through the top of the mould. Take your cotton wick and tread it through.
3. Once your wax has cooled to around 60 degrees, you can add the essential oil. It should make up 10% of your wax weight. So, with the 100g of wax provided in the kit, you should use 10 ml of essential oil.
4. Mix this in using a metal spoon, stirring 10 times in one direction and 10 times in the other. This is the perfect time to set an intention for your candle. For example, if you’re using our Soothe scent, you could set the intention of finding peace every time you light it.
5. Transfer your wax from your saucepan to a pouring jug, to give you more control. Then pour the wax into the candle mould.
6. Once the candle is out of the mould, cut the wick 2cm above the wax
Read more about the therputic benifits of essential oils here.
Enjoy your candle!
Share your creation with us on Insta @yougibotanicals