The rituals that you do in the evening not only set the tone for your sleep that night, but also give your mind a much-needed break so that you can tackle tomorrow with confidence.
Look at what you do from the moment you close your laptop at the end of your work day. What are you doing that is feeding into a more positive evening?
Whilst you can truly start an evening ritual whenever you feel it will serve you best, we’d recommend setting aside 30 minutes or more before bed to find calm and serenity after a busy day.
Evening ritual to help soothe anxiety
- When you’re finished with your to-do list and your dinner plates are in the dishwasher, create a clear divide between “doing” mode and “relaxation” mode. Change your clothes, dim the lights, or switch locations to get into an instantly calmer state of mind.
- Take a bath with our Soothe Bath Soak. Its aromatic blend of lavender, eucalyptus, geranium, bergamot and clary sage essential oils work to soothe your system, leaving you ready for your best night’s sleep yet.
- Drink a warm, decaffeinated drink to soothe your senses and calm the mind. We love liquorice and peppermint tea.
- Light our Soothe Candle. Not only will its soft light help to counteract the bright screens that you stare at all day, but its relaxing scent will allow you to find mental calm before sleep.
- Turn off all electronic devices an hour or so before bedtime. The blue light from technology prompts the brain to stay alert, so giving your eyes a rest is paramount to peaceful sleep.
- Commit to a calming meditation or breathing exercise each night. This will help to clear your mind (no more staying up with to-do lists whirling around your head!) and calm the parasympathetic nervous system.