1.In a metal saucepan, slowly melt your soy wax on low-medium heat. Continue to heat until it reaches 90 degrees.
2.Carefully attach your wick sticker to the bottom of the jar, peeling off both pieces of paper so that both sides are adhesive.
3. Take your cotton wick and firmly secure its metal disc to the sticker at the bottom of your jar. Try your best to make sure that it is central.
4. Thread the wick through the wooden stick provided in our kit and then lay the stick flat, so that is resting across the top of the jar.
5. Once your wax has cooled to around 60 degrees, you can add the essential oil. They should make up about 10% of your wax weight. So, with the 160g of wax provided in the kit, you should use 15 ml of essential oil.
6. Mix this in using a metal spoon, stirring 10 times in one direction and 10 times in the other. This is the perfect time to set an intention for your candle. For example, if you’re using our Soothe scent, you could set the intention of finding peace every time you light it.
7. Transfer your wax from your saucepan to a pouring jug, to give you more control. Then pour the wax into the candle jar. Make sure that your wick is still central once you’ve finished pouring.
8. Leave your wax to set for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
9. Once the wax has set, cut the wick 2cm above the wax.
10. Cover your candle and leave it for one week before burning. We know it’s torture, but it will allow the scent to cure and the fragrance develop.
Read more about the therputic benifits of essential oils here.
Enjoy your candle!
Share your creation with us on Insta @yougibotanicals